Wednesday, March 08, 2006

BTW

Without going into all the details of why and how this happened, here's one more complaint:
I had purchased a ticket (a different one than in aforementioned posts, but also to Brazil) that was supposed to have departed on 1/8/06. I had to cancel this ticket - Orbitz told me that I'd be able to get a refund for it, although they would charge me $200 in fees to process it. Fine, I said. They said it would take 6 - 8 weeks from the time of recieving the cancelled ticket to give me the credit.

They recieved the ticket on 12/22/05.
I called on 1/10/06: was told it was recieved and crediting processes were underway.
I called on 2/14/06: was told the refund would be credited February 28.
I called on 3/6/06: was advised that this week, likely 3/7 or 3/8, the credit would be recieved.

Today is 3/8, and I just checked my credit card statement. No credit there. Still. I will call Orbitz tomorrow. I wonder what excuse they will have. It's about $650 at stake for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home